Our mission statement
Portsmouth Abuse and Rape Counselling (PARCS) aims to promote healthy relationships and alleviate the physical, emotional and psychological distress associated with interpersonal trauma including rape and sexual abuse/exploitation.
- To relieve the suffering, illness and distress of survivors whenever occurring
- To promote the education and research into the effect on survivors and significant others
What we offer
- Specialist counselling and psychotherapy for survivors of sexual and/or domestic abuse
- Counselling for parents, carers and family members
- Emotional Telephone Support
- Specialist support groups
- Training, consultation and clinical supervision
- Awareness and prevention services
- Independent Sexual Violence Advocacy for children and young people
- Services to support young people who display harmful sexual behaviour
Who we work with
We work with all genders and ages.
Adult perpetrators of sexual offences are unable to access our services, in the event of a disclosure we will signpost to more appropriate services.
Where we work
We provide services across Portsmouth and South-East Hampshire.
When did it all begin
PARCS was founded in 1981, and has been supporting people living in and around Portsmouth for well over 35 years.
How we are funded
Our work is undertaken by a small team of paid staff and volunteers and supported through fundraising and the provision of local and national funding.
How we work
We have been independently accredited by Lime Culture as an organisation meeting the Quality Standards of the Male Survivors Partnership for services supporting male victims and survivors of sexual violence.
We adhere to Hampshire wide safeguarding policies and procedures for children and vulnerable adults.
Details of our working practices and procedures can be found here.
We are a member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
We are a member of the Survivors Trust.
We are a member of the Helplines Partnership.
We are a member of the Counselling Directory.
Should you need to see evidence of staff qualifications please send your request in writing to:
The Business Support Manager,
131 Goldsmith Avenue,